NSIN Virtual Hirethon – Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) - Corona Division
NSWC Corona is the Navy’s only independent analysis and assessment center, with more than 3,200 Sailors, civilian scientists, engineers, support staff, and contractors. NSWC Corona is home to three premier national laboratory and assessment centers: the Joint Warfare Assessment Lab; the Measurement Science and Technology Lab; and the Daugherty Memorial Assessment Center.
The Assessment Readiness Department and the Performance Assessment Department are looking to fill several positions related to all disciplines of data science; data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, business intelligence, etc.
Incumbent will provide objective quality evident (OQE) data to support/evaluate recommendations for improving Fleet readiness at the platform level. Responsible for all aspects of systems readiness assessment including; ensuring that the assessment criteria is updated as needed for assigned system(s), ensuring timely data updates of Material Readiness Data Base (MRDB) for assigned system(s), ensuring timely responses to community ad-hoc assessment calls, timely submittal of assessment reports, and communicating accomplishments and tasking adherence to customers via written status reports. Works within a teaming environment and uses problem solving techniques to identify and resolve system assessment issues and develop IT tool requirements.
The incumbent must devise technical solutions for information systems in support of advanced and predictive analytics, including interfacing with external information systems to exchange data, designing system architectures, and deploying enterprise-level capabilities within the MRA systems. The incumbent will develop machine-learning models in different data analytics languages not limited to “R”, Python, Matlab, etc. The incumbents must also develop the graphical user interface to interact and retrieve the results from models. The incumbent ensures timely responses to community ad-hoc assessment calls, timely submittal of assessment reports, and communicating accomplishments and tasking adherence to customers via written status reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand assignments and manage resources in order to successfully complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand processes and apply continuous process improvement (CPI) techniques.
- Knowledge of probability theory and its application in the field of reliability, maintainability and availability (RM&A).
- Ability to apply advanced techniques of RM&A theory to material readiness assessment for any military or commercial system.
- Skill in using multiple databases to determine RM&A metrics and assess systems readiness.
- Ability to combine and integrate all failure data to analyze and assess a single system, multi system, or system of systems readiness.
- Ability to develop and document a single system or system of systems reliability models and criteria for scoring system failure events.
- Ability to learn and use the established data editing process including data review and data extraction & loading.
- Ability to take the initiative when problem solving.
- Ability to work in teams to accomplish common objectives.
- Ability to identify, articulate, and present the success stories on how Corona RM&A assessments enable the customers/stakeholders to provide affordable readiness for the warfighters.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics tools and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create website graphical user interface for websites.
- Knowledge of Python, “R”, Matlab
Degrees in any of the following disciplines are acceptable: mathematics, statistics, data science, computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering or other relevant STEM degrees.
Why work for NSWC Corona?
NSWC Corona values your quality of life and a work/life balance. We offer our civilian employees a flexible schedule, competitive salaries and generous benefits in an informal workplace that is home to three premiere federal laboratories.
NSWC Corona is located halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles in the Inland Empire, an area that offers a variety of recreational activities and entertainment. Enjoy the pleasures offered by the cool blue Pacific Ocean or visit one of the many attractions, including Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm. Nearby Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange Country are famed for sports, shopping, concerts and restaurants. Soak up the sun at the beach, go hiking in the warm desert sands or cool off in the mountains with a little skiing. Housing is readily available in one of the many surrounding communities, including Norco, Corona, and Riverside. TIME Magazine reported a trend in adults aged 25-34 who are moving to Riverside for its eclectic mix of activities and development. In addition, once you enter through the gates of NSWC Corona, you’ll have a prime view of beautiful Lake Norconian – home to a wide variety of wildlife and migratory waterfowl – as you begin your first day in support of America’s warfighters. We also have personnel working around the world in places like Washington, DC; Crete, Greece; Fallon, NV; Yuma, AZ; Orlando, FL; Honolulu, HI; Cherry Point, NC; Beaufort, SC; and Fallbrook, CA.
Degree Grade Salary (at Corona location): Bachelor’s ND-02 $71,108 Master’s ND-03 $78,540
Throughout your career at NSWC Corona, several career enhancement tools will be available:
On-the job training during working hours.Tuition reimbursement for work-related courses.Temporary changes in work schedule to accommodate class schedule.Specialized short courses in technical and administrative fields offered by universities and industry.Various Master’s programs offered on site.Excellent universities within easy driving distance.
NSWC Corona performs a unique and vital function for the defense of our country, and while no site is completely immune to government cutbacks, NSWC Corona is positioned well for the future.
Travel is often part of the job. This is a great opportunity to see the world while working with top professionals in unique locations.
Flexibility in work schedule
NSWC Corona offers flexible work schedules, as well as a compressed work week that provides for every other Friday off by working nine-hour days if desired.
In addition to 10 paid federal holidays, new employees earn 13 vacation days per year, increasing to 20 days after three years and 26 days after 15 years. Additionally, all employees earn 13 days of sick leave per year.
As an employee of the Federal Government, you will be eligible to be enrolled in the Federal Employee’s Health Benefits (FEHB) and the Federal Employee’s Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) programs.
New employees are covered under the Federal Employee’s Retirement System (FERS) and Social Security. The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is also available to employees and allows them to contribute up to 10% of their salary into their retirement fund with the government matching up to the first 5%.
With the Sea Air Federal Credit Union conveniently located on base, your banking has never been easier. They offer full banking services including, savings and checking accounts, credit cards, loans, and more.
Application is required.
This application is closed.