The National Air and Space Intelligence Center is the Department of Defense’s primary source for foreign air and space threat analysis. NASIC is the Air Force’s service intelligence center, the nation’s air and space intelligence center, and an operational wing in the Air Force ISR enterprise. NASIC is headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. The center is a field operating agency that reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Cyber Effects Operations.
NASIC’s mission is to discover and characterize air, space, missile, and cyber threats to enable full-spectrum multi-domain operations, drive weapon system acquisition, and inform national defense policy. The center’s intelligence is foundational and forms a knowledge base upon which NASIC’s customers develop strategies, programs, and plans.
NASIC provides authoritative, engineering-level scientific and technical intelligence on air, space, missile, and cyber threats. The center’s team of trusted subject matter experts deliver unique collection, exploitation, and analytic capabilities not found elsewhere. The center is tasked with discovering and characterizing advanced threats to enable full-spectrum, multi-domain operations against peer adversaries. NASIC creates advantage that gives policymakers, warfighters, and the acquisition community a war-winning edge.
By working with NASIC, you’ll help discover and characterize the capabilities, limitations, and vulnerabilities of our nation’s enemies. As a NASIC employee, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of experts, working together to solve technical challenges.
INFORMATION SESSION - July 28, 2022 | 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
Sign up now to join a virtual info session with NASIC hiring managers! Learn more about the opportunity and get answers to questions you may have about these exciting roles.
OPPORTUNITY - ELECTRONICS/ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as an Electronics Engineer in a developmental capacity providing professional and scientific expertise in performance of intelligence analysis using engineering, mathematics, statistical and intelligence analysis, modeling and simulation and on-the-job learned knowledge. Team and Location: Air & Cyberspace Analysis Group, Electronic Analysis Squadron (ACL), Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio.
- Responsible for scientific and technical engineering analysis of all-source intelligence data on foreign airborne electronic warfare systems by developing comprehensive system threat assessments covering characteristics, capabilities, limitation and effectiveness.
- Integrates technical intelligence, performs analysis and reports findings.
- Reviews, evaluates and deciphers newly acquired intelligence to extract relevant data.
- Represents Center and USAF at national level conferences and international working groups.
Statement of Work
Performs entry to moderately difficult assignments consisting of a variety of standardized and non-standardized tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques. Assignments are delegated by the supervisor and combined with training to develop analytical skills and techniques used to resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature. The employee uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as the policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems. Works projects with guidance and direction to complete assigned task; which are performed utilizing trained methods. The employee makes decisions on the application of established procedures and initiates actions that affect various organizational units. Work includes various duties involving different and unrelated tasks. In coordination with the supervisor, plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems in work assignments in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices. Required to brief the outcome of completed task offering findings and suggestions of independent analysis, subject item, processes, and/or issues identified. Completed work must be reviewed by the supervisor for accuracy, adequacy, and adherence to instructions. Receives assistance in solving problems and proposing solutions from the supervisor or a higher-graded specialist.
- Professional knowledge of engineering principles and practices demonstrated through the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in electrical engineering or related engineering fields.
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics, airborne electronic and radar systems, and airborne electronic warfare systems.
- Knowledge of intelligence requirements, taskings, analyses, evaluations, interpretations, reporting, collection, production and dissemination; and knowledge of security practices for ensuring the safeguarding of classified information.
- Knowledge of radio frequency (RF) transmission theory, to include radar principles, electronic signal reception, electronic signal analysis, electronic attack (EA) concepts and effects of EA techniques on victim systems; EA theory to include computation of jam-to-signal ratios and burn-through ranges, necessary to gauge relative effectiveness of foreign EA threat; active and passive foreign EA equipment for fixed and rotary wing combat aircraft; engineering modeling and simulation of EW threats to determine design trade-offs in order to best estimate operating parameters of foreign designs; and foreign employment tactics, techniques and procedures for EW systems.
- Skill and ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions, and to foresee the impact of changing technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, tailor presentations and publications for specific customer set; and work with local analysts as well as intelligence community analysts and Allied intelligence analysts.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
- Position is designated special-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic drug testing.
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
- $69,664 - $84,642
- Series/Grade: GG-0855-09 target GG-12
HOW IT WORKS
- Submit your Lever application here (click on Apply and complete your application)
- You will receive an invitation for a HireVue interview that will be assessed by NASIC hiring managers
- If successful, you will receive an invitation for a round of live interviews with NASIC hiring managers
- When including a part-time position on a resume, you must list the hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present).
- Resumes must include unique experiences for each position held and should not merge all experiences into a single section.
- Current Federal civilian employees must list the pay plan, series, and grade (i.e. GG-0855-12) for all Federal civilian positions held.
- Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on the resume.
- Review resume tips.
- Bust myths about defense jobs.
- Check out our UNUM page and join the Hirethon community.
About NSIN Hirethon
The NSIN Hirethon is an accelerated recruitment program that connects STEM talent with DoD organizations seeking candidates for civil service.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.