NSIN Propel Hawaii 2023 -
Apply by Jan. 6, 2023
The NSIN Propel Hawaii accelerator is a collaboration with the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Fleet—the world’s largest fleet command encompassing 100 million square miles. The program aims to recruit companies with technology solutions for adaptation to address the modernization needs of the U.S. Navy and broader DoD community. The cohort of early-stage ventures will deliver cutting-edge capabilities that enable the U.S. Navy and its partners to operate as a ready, capable, and combat-credible force in the Pacific region.
The cohort will directly engage with DoD end-users to better understand real-world challenges, build a foundation for doing business with the DoD, and work closely with the accelerator team to design pilots around the national security applications of their technology. Selected companies will also gain access to a robust network of private investors and commercial partners.
Nov. 9, 2022: Open Call
Nov. 30, 2022: Information Sessions
Jan. 6, 2023: Applications Due
Feb. 15 - May 31, 2023: Startups in Program
May 25, 2023: Demo Day
Watch the Information Session | Nov. 30, 2022
Are you interested in this opportunity? Watch the recording of the NSIN Propel Hawaii Information Session, which was held on Wednesday, Nov. 30.
Who Should Apply?
U.S.-based early-stage ventures seeking an opportunity to expand into the federal market based on technologies developed for commercial applications. Companies that have solutions with the following attributes are highly encouraged to apply:
- Leverage 5G infrastructure
- Operate with minimized signature, smaller SWAPs and defeat detection by threats
- Make sense of publicly available information from multiple sources to deliver time-critical insights
- Maneuver autonomously to extend communications range or enable operations from a safe distance
- Detect objects or map terrain utilizing novel AI/ML on the edge
- Improve collaboration and operations with allies and partners
- Enable operations in austere environments through portability, edge processing, and power
- Integrate mission assurance or cybersecurity
Areas of Focus
Networks and Connectivity
- Technologies establishing secure, agile, and resilient communications which can include hardware, software or novel network protocols. Desired technologies may include secure and smart networking routing or leverage multi-earth orbit satellites for beyond line of sight communications, 5G, and edge processing.
- Inexpensive decoys, buoys or wave gliders that support interchangeable sensors, operate stealthily, or increase sensing resilience and coverage for a distributed fleet.
- Solutions fostering improved decision support, reduce risk to forward-deployed forces and improve readiness. Relevant solutions may include technologies that aggregate large amounts of data to enable predictive or real-time analysis, scheduling, and shared situational awareness.
- Solutions enabling rapid response to crisis events in all environments especially when communications and traditional power sources are unavailable. Technologies should also facilitate response operations with allies and partners.
The application period for this opportunity is now closed.